Saturday, October 15, 2011
Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin
Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin;Oily skin is caused due to the overproduction of sebum or oil by the sebaceous glands which are present in the skin. This type of skin is prone to acne and blackheads. Oily skin may be caused due to various reasons such as diet,hormonal imbalance,pregnancy,use of cosmetics etc. Generally it is more common during adolescence. The skin tends to get drier with age. But the problem of oily skin is also faced by many adults. One advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate and is less prone to showing fine lines and wrinkles.
The following are some skin care tips for oily skin:
- Wash your face twice or thrice daily, with soap and hot water. Hot water dissolves oil
- Avoid using cleansers which tend to overdry the skin. It may cause the skin to produce
- Try to use only such cosmetics( moisturizers,sunscreen etc.) which are oil free.
- There is a particular type of drug called 'Retinoids' which reduce the excess oil production. If your skin becomes too oily, you can consult your doctor.
- Take half teaspoon each of lime and cucumber juice. Add a few drops of eau de cologn. Apply the mixture on your face at least half an hour before bath.
- Take one teaspoon of clay powder and one teaspoon of raw honey. Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it there for about fifteen minutes and then wash with warm water. Use this mask at least thrice a week. It will absorb the excess oil.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and water in equal parts. Apply this mixture on your face and allow it to dry. Wash it after fifteen minutes. Do this daily.
- Drink plenty of water. Eat a lot of green vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods. Avoid sugar, chocolate, and junk food.
- Oily skin is caused due to a deficiency in vitamin B2. So you should consume foods that are rich in this vitamin such as wheat germ,meat,whole grains,nuts,beans etc.
Raj77 2:38 AM