Friday, October 14, 2011
Natural and Herbal Treatments for Acne Scars
Acne scars are caused due to a result of severe acne. When some injury is caused to the skin due to acne, it may result into scars. There are various treatments available for acne scars. In addition to chemical and surgical treatments, there are various natural and herbal treatments available. The following is a discussion about the various natural and herbal treatments:
We all know that water is the basic component of our body. So drinking a lot of water keeps our body and skin healthy. Water provides the necessary moisture to the skin. It helps to flush out all the dead cells and other toxins from the skin. As the dead cells are flushed out, new skin cells grow up which helps to reduce the scars.
Have a lot of fruit juices, and juices from different raw and green vegetables like spinach, carrot,lemon, orange etc. Lemon and orange juices are an important source of Alpha Hydroxy Acids. Sugarcane juice is also useful. They help in removing the dead skin cells and help in the growing of new skin tissue.
You should consume a lot of green vegetables and fresh fruits. They contain a lot of different vitamins and minerals that help to grow new layers of skin which reduces the scars. Diets which are rich in beta-carotene help to reduce acne and scars. So colored fruits and vegetables like carrots, pumpkins etc. should be consumed daily.
Make a mixture of any citrus juice or sugarcane juice with water. Use this juice to clean and wash your skin. It helps to reduce scars.
Essential oils like lavender oil can heal wounds and generate new skin cells. They are applied to reduce acne scars.
Aloevera is a very useful herb which is used to treat various skin disorders. It is used to treat acne scars and can be consumed in the juice form or can be applied topically.
Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties and is used to treat scars.
Various home made face packs such as lemon with rose water or sandalwood powder with rose water can be applied to reduce the acne scars. Lemon juice mixed with Fuller's Earth may also be applied.
Practice of 'Yoga' is very useful as it helps to increase the supply blood to your face. It flushes away the toxins and provides the skin cells with the necessary nutrients so that new skin tissues are formed which reduces the scars.
How to Prevent Acne Scars?
Acne scarring is caused due to some injury to the skin as a result of severe acne. Acne scars are of two types. One type is known as raised scars or keloid scars where extra skin tissues are present. The other type is known as sunken scars where skin tissue is lost.
The following steps may be followed to prevent the occurrence of acne scars:
- Try to treat acne in it's initial stages. Otherwise it will get worse and may lead to scarring of your face.
- Avoid squeezing or popping your pimples caused due to acne. Be very careful if there is itching. Do it carefully with some cotton. If you prick or squeeze your pimples, it will spread the infection which may ultimately lead to scars.
- You should clean your skin regularly. You can use various acne skin cleansing products. Consult your doctor,if necessary.
- Instead of using chemical products, try to use herbal supplements. Wash your face with some herbal face wash. Always use oil free moisturizers.
- Watch your diet. Avoid all types of fatty,spicy and junk food.
- Eat a lot of green vegetables and fresh fruits. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water.
- There is a belief that constipation may lead to acne. So try to avoid constipation by taking some herbal laxatives, at least once a week.
- Avoid direct sunlight on your skin.
- Keep your hair free from dandruff. Don't allow your hair to fall on your face. It may make the infection worse which may lead to scarring.
- Keep yourself clean. Take your bath regularly by using some herbal soap.
The main purpose should be to avoid acne at all costs. Even if you are infected, treat it at the initial stages so that it does not lead to scars.
Raj77 11:56 PM