Saturday, October 15, 2011
Great advises for teenagers having acn
Great advises for teenagers having acne;Acne is the most common type of skin disorder that is seen in almost 90% of the teenagers. Acne is caused by the malfunctioning of the sebaceous glands. The oil glands or sebaceous glands produce sebum or oil to lubricate the skin. In some teenagers, the production of sebum will be more and this will combine with dirt and block the pores of the skin. Bacteria start to grow in this, causing blemishes and inflammations.
Acne is more prevalent in teenagers as they are the more active years in a person's life. Lot of outdoor activities is there for teenagers and they are exposed to harmful rays of the sun. Moreover, the major hormonal changes start in a human being at the adolescent age or puberty. Most of the teenagers will not take proper care of the skin and health due to lack of time. All these factors cause acne in teenagers. The advices for teenagers having acne problems are:
- Keep your body and skin clean – Washing your body and face with an astringent or mild soap in the morning and before bed time is necessary.
- Avoid too much of exposure of the skin to the sun, as the heat of the sun will aggravate acne by causing the sebaceous glands to secrete more oil.
- Avoid oily foods or fat containing foods when you are conquered by acne. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will help you to keep your skin healthy and smooth. Drinking lots of fresh fruit juices and plain water will help in maintaining the oil balance of the skin.
- Proper exercise to increase the blood flow to the skin will aid in reducing acne to a great extent.
Never squeeze or try to pull out the blemishes which may be either black or white, as they may cause scars an infection in that area.
- Avoid using facial make ups and cosmetic products which aggravates the acne.
In a haste to remove to treat the acne, do not go behind medicines which offer relief from acne within two or three days. Most of them are ineffective and may cause further damage to your skin.
Before taking any prescription medicines to treat acne, it is always better to consult a dermatologist as one medicine prescribed for a person will not be effective to another.
The most important advice to any teenager having acne is that do not get upset by the outbreaks of acne, as it is a natural phenomenon occurring in the adolescent age. You are not the only one who is suffering from acne, almost all the teenagers will have to undergo the same situation. One should know how to cope with acne as there is no permanent cure for it. Acne will keep on reducing as your teenage years pass by and will entirely stop once you reach adulthood. Keep your self esteem in high spirits and never prevent acne from enjoying your teenage years, which is the most wonderful period in anybody's life.
Raj77 12:23 AM