Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Acne is a tremendously embarrassing and burdensome problemAcne is a tremendously embarrassing and burdensome problem. It is easy to feel that you don't have control over your breakouts. But the fact is, you do. Now, your first response may be to assume that I'm going to recommend you see your dermatologist. Well, think again. Natural remedies can be just as effective and medications. Possibly more powerful. Sometimes, all your body needs is the right nutritional balance and proper skin care. Here are some easy things you can start doing today to help you heal your acne. You should notice a difference in about 4 weeks.
* Apply a honey mask to your face once or twice a week - Honey has antibacterial properties so it is great for disinfecting and healing minor blemishes. It is also gentle on sensitive skin.
# Wash twice a day with acne soap - You should wash your face twice a day with a sulfur based soap designed for acne. Once when you first wake up in the morning and then, right before you go to bed at night. Be extremely gentle to your skin when washing - do not scrub or use any sort of rough cloth. Overwashing your skin will actually stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, thus increasing your acne.
# Keep your hair off your face - If you have long hair or bangs, pull your hair off your face. Your hair contains oils as well, and will contribute to your breakouts. You'll also want to wash your hair everyday and after workouts
# Take a potent multi-vitamin - Acne can be a sign that something is wrong on the inside. Your skin depends on nutrition. It is a vital organ that is usually neglected. If your body is not receiving the right nutrition, it will fight back. One common way it will rebel is to produce excessive sebum, clogging pores, and reducing the ability for your skin to heal and fight bacteria.
# Include chromium in your diet - Chromium is well known for weight loss diets. But it is also excellent for healing infections on the skin. Taking a chromium supplement once a day will help heal your pimples quickly and prevent future breakouts.
# Eat carrots for beta-carotene (Vitamin A) - Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of the skin and actually prevents acne. It helps reduce sebum production. This vitamin is essential for the maintenance and repair of the tissue which the skin and mucous membranes are made of. Vitamin A is also a powerful antioxidant needed to rid your body of toxins. Did you know that a deficiency in vitamin A can actually cause acne?
# Avoid wearing make-up - Leaving make-up products on your skin only contributes to clogging your pores, causing more pimples and blackheads. If you feel you must wear makeup, be sure it is water-based.
# Do not pick or squeeze your blackheads and pimples - As tempting as it may be, do not squeeze, scratch, rub or touch your pimples and blackheads. Do any of these actions, actually increases the serum production. Plus, when you squeeze, you are actually rupturing the membranes below your skin, causing infection and serum to spread underneath your skin. The result is more pimples.
# Wash your pillow case every other day - Your face lays on your pillow case every day. Your pillow case absorbs the oils from your skin and reapplies the dirt and oil. Thus causing breakouts. Keep your sheets and pillow cases clean.
# Eat foods rich in zinc - Zinc is an antibacterial agent and a necessary element in the oil-producing glands of the skin. A diet low in zinc can actually cause acne breakouts.
There are many different types of acne treatment that people can use. Just about everyone you know has some kind of magical remedy. But where did they obtain their information? It is little wonder that there is a lot of misunderstanding on the subject. Acne is generally placed into one of three categories; mild, moderate or severe. The management for each of these stages varies significantly. Acne is a health condition and needs to be treated as such.
If you have acne and you feel that it is getting worse instead of better, the best thing that you can do is let a professional dermatologist have a look at your condition and prescribe an appropriate treatment for you. Mild acne is first treated by gently washing the area twice daily with warm water and soap. In addition to cleansing the area, an over-the-counter cream or similar otc products that incorporates benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid should be used. These can be found in most pharmacies, and kill the bacteria on the epidermis. Proper skin care is essential. It is important to comprehend that improvements take time and do not happen overnight, especially with topical solutions. Look for a gradual, steady improvement in the condition of your skin. Some physicians will recommend certain vitamins to help the appearance of the skin. Remember acne can occur nearly any part of the body, including the arms, neck, back, the legs, and the arms.
Acne is moderate when pimples (blackheads , whitehead, and comedones) cover approximately half of the face. If you have moderate acne, consult a dermatologist in order to quickly get a handle on your situation. Although acne can be very depressing for those that suffer from it, doctors say that most acne is completely treatable. Usually, a combination therapies is used to treat moderate acne. This would usually be a mixture of a physical treatment such as extraction or light therapy and a prescription treatment like an antimicrobial or retinoid cream. Sometimes, oral acne treatments or oral contraceptives have been known to work as well. Acne scars can definitely become more serious if it is not taken care of in the moderate stage. Therefore, it is very important to try to resolve acne as soon as you can.
When acne is severe, the symptoms will be very obvious to the individual suffering from it. Pimples and zits become deep, inflamed and cyst-like. Usually a lot of scarring and damage to the skin occurs, causing feelings of sadness and depression. Remember though that you can find acne treatment and, as much as possible, should be sought before the acne has reached this level.
Dermatologists will use very aggressive treatments to try to prevent the progression of severe acne. They will try to stop it in its tracks while at the same time, work to prevent permanent scarring. Oral antibiotics and medications such as accutane, may be used at this stage as well as drainage techniques and surgical incision, also known as Acne Surgery. Other acne treatments such as injections of corticosteroids can be used. This is primarily used to melt cysts over a period of a few days. The acne therapy chosen by your determatologist will be matched to the severity of the condition effecting your skin.
It is important to obtain well-informed information from a medical professional regarding your acne. Acne treatment requires patience as it usually takes between six to eight weeks of management before visible signs of improvement can be seen. One should follow an acne care regime prescribed by a doctor. Misinformation can have you using an ineffective remedy for a long period of time, in a desperate attempt to cure your acne. Mistakes can waste time, ultimately making your acne last longer. Be persistent and work with the prescribed medications and stick with the instructions given to you by your doctor. Adult acne care is different from adolescent acne care, as the hormones going through ones body are different. Therefore don't assume what you used to cure your teenage acne problem will cure your adult problems as well.
Acne, the most frequent and painful universal skin lesion often turns up when we enter adolescence. It is not only the scourge of young generation, people in the age group of 24 to 40 or more than that intermittently scuffle against this most depressing skin ailment. Often people out of ignorance take up wrong medication for acne and end up with more and more explosion of acne blemishes. However, a little bit of knowledge about this disease, drinking a lot of water, exercising, and a few simple home remedies to prevent and destroy existing acne could lend you a healthy skin and a happy and ease social life.
1. Apply a thin layer of toothpaste over the pimples on your skin. This helps to diminish your swelled pimples overnight. Make it certain that you are using a paste and not a gel. It is one of the best known home remedies for acne.
2. Everyday wash your face twice with salty lukewarm water, preferably using soap made from the neem extract. Neem is antiseptic in nature. This would keep your skin oil-free and impede the aggravation of acne vulgaris—the most familiar form of acne.
3. Prepare your own acne face wash as a part of the acne home remedy. Take all of the following components in 1 or 2 ml each and mix up carefully: tree-tea oil, witch hazel, and sweet fennel essential oils. For men use essential oil of rosewood and for women add essential oil of geranium in that mixture of 1 or 2 ml each. At the end add 300 ml of water and mix well by shaking vigorously. Before applying this home made face wash shake well. Soak a piece of cotton in that and wipe gently over the acne affected areas twice or thrice daily. This household medication would slough off clogged pores and keep your skin clean and healthy.
4. Take a couple of garlic cloves and crush them. Apply them on your acne face once or twice daily. This is also another familiar home remedy for acne.
5. Prepare a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply this face pack every night for 10 to 15 minutes and wash them off. The regular practice of this acne remedy would thwart pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and other acne lesions from further aggravation.
6. Mix rose water with equal quantity of lemon juice. Employ this mixture over the skin and keep it there for around 30 minutes. Afterwards wash your skin with water. Regular practice of this procedure for 15 to 20 days would protect your skin from acne breakouts and reduce the existing acne scars and blemishes.
7. Get some fresh plants of mint and prepare a juice of mint. Mix well with turmeric powder and apply the mixture over the acne affected area. Keep it for around 20 minutes and wash off with tepid water. Repeat this practice every night and eventually you would get a pimple and scar-free skin.
8. Crush orange peels and mix with a little water to prepare a face mask. Apply on your affected areas on a regular basis. Orange peel mask will take away the excess oil from your skin to bestow a glowing healthy look.
9. Nettle tea is known to be a great home remedy for acne for years. Everyday take around four cups of tea made from this herb, and you would see how it works wonder on your acne affected areas. You could purchase nettle tea from over the counter.
10. A lotion made from the extract of wax like substance bee propolis is also known to be extremely effective for acne face. Pour eleven drops of this extract into eight ounces of water and mix well. Apply this lotion over the skin and wait for the magical effect.
11. Aloe vera extract could be easily available over the counter. It is a well known home remedy for treating acne and preventing further eruption of acne.
12. Prepare one essential oil face mask at your home. Take one tea spoonful of fuller’s earth or kaolin powder as mask base, three drops of essential oil, and around two tablespoons of distilled water and mix them well to make a thin paste. This face mask is proved to be extremely useful for treating acne and other skin diseases successfully.
Taking a great care of your skin would definitely help you to achieve a healthy skin as long as you are concerned about paying attention to internal bodily process too. Eating healthy nutritious food and drinking plenty of water everyday and a relaxed mode of lifestyle would be undoubtedly fruitful for your mission to get a scar free healthy skin.
Raj77 5:29 AM